Tomato Eggplant Rigatoni – Good morning, my dearest friends & readers! Wow, June sure disappeared in a hurry ….. it seemed like I just blinked and it was gone ….. crazy stuff.
I had all these great plans for June & I ran out of time …. , but that’s all right ….. there is always July to keep going ….. one step at a time …
The main thing is NOT TO GIVE UP ….. just keep going ….. keep stepping over obstacles ….. little bit each day …..
Yesterday we ended CANADA DAY with spectacular fireworks & it feels like today is the first official day of Summer School Break.
I am glad Canada Day is over because according to Hormone Boy Canada Day is day of FREEDOM from wearing pants! Maybe just maybe ….. this morning he will leave his room with actual pants on ….
Yes, teenagers are strange ….. we love them anyway ….. & I also love to cook for mine.
If you read my blog then you know that my children are carnivores & I take any chance I get to make a meatless meal they will eat.
Spaghetti sauce is one of their favorite dishes so the other day I made TOMATO EGGPLANT PASTA SAUCE ….. served it over RIGATONI & hoped for the best …..
It was so delicious that seconds were requested …. plates were cleaned …. happy faces were all around.
Can you say: “WINNER WINNER EGGPLANT DINNER?”
- 3 Small Eggplants (1/4″ slices)
- Onion (chopped)
- 6-8 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 11 oz Tomato Paste
- 22 oz Water
- Salt Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- STEP 1: Sweat & grill eggplant slices. Let them cool them chop. Set aside.
- STEP 2: In a skillet heat olive oil on medium-high and saute onions until translucent. Add eggplant and saute for about 5 minutes
- STEP 3: Add red wine and reduce until it’s almost gone. Turn heat to medium-low. Add parsley and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4: Add tomato paste, water, and herbs if they are dried. Fresh herbs go in in the end. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- STEP 5: Salt and pepper to taste. Time to end fresh herbs and cook for 5-10 minutes uncovered.
- STEP 6: Plate warm and cooked rigatoni. Top with eggplant sauce and parmesan cheese.
How To Sweat & Grill Eggplant: Slice eggplant and spread it on a large plate or cookie sheet. Salt and let it sit for 10 minutes.
You will see the water coming out. Then just brushed with olive oil and roast on hot grill.
Tomato Eggplant Rigatoni
Don’t forget….Keep Smiling….Keep Cooking!